1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gas prices in MD.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jerrys Lawn Service, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Jerrys Lawn Service

Jerrys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Well guys here we go again just in time for cutting season gas prices soar. Two weeks ago you could buy reg. at .99 a gallon. I
    checked them out yesterday and they were $1.24 a gallon. What the heck is going on? Thats 25 cents in two weeks. Does anyone have some insight on this?

Jerrys Lawn Service
  2. mxrdrvr3

mxrdrvr3 LawnSite Member

Same problem here in Michigan:angry: I dont know why either
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Very simply put...

4. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

In Ohio we went from $1.08 to $1.34 in 2 weeks. Get ready here comes $1.90 again.
  5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Its going to continue to keep going up. My dad has two mobils, and he keeps hearing they are going to steadily rise. Thanks OPEC.
  6. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Wisconsin too-just filled up at 1.49 for mid grade. Sure am glad I remembered last year and raised my prices just enough to cover this.
  7. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Its very simple. Two weeks ago Spring break started for colleges. This means lots of people travel home or south. Any time that the gas companies can predict high volume they are going to jack the price to take higher profits. Wait till easter. Then it will be every Friday all summer. We will buy gas on Wednesday this year.