Gas prices jumping up like kernels of popcorn! Solution?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mr. Magpie, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Mr. Magpie

Mr. Magpie LawnSite Senior Member

22:30 8/29 - $2.69 @ UGas
    10:30 8/30 - $2.89 @ UGas
    S. Florida

Why can't we all have converted deisels while using used vegetable oil that we are PAID .70 to haul away!!?? This is possible with an easy way to keep the oil heated in its tank..... WHY WHY WHY isn't this being done? With government credits taken away from the Toyota Pious (Prius) owners and given to us business owners, we could use that money to pay for the conversion..... while using the rest of the money for batteries to keep the oil hot in between running.

Come on, the farther you drive, the richer you become? Where do we all sign up?

2. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

Louisville $2.42 8/31/05

3. C&KLawnCare

C&KLawnCare LawnSite Member

Morgantown WV 5:00 pm yesterday 2.54/g 7:00 pm last night 2.74 10:00 am today 2.90 and climbing , Enough is enough of this gouging horseshit , someplaces on the raidio i just heard is 3.29 in WV , Gee just in time for the holiday weekend . Dirty rotten SOB I hope the truckers shut the USA down for a mnth . Strangle bush and the oil tycoons , Aint it funny that Bush is releasing oil and the prices are still climbing ,

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Why is it all GB's fault? If we didn't have such a high demand, the prices would not be this high.....

5. C&KLawnCare

Christ pull your head out of your ass THEIR IS NO SHORTAGE AND THEIR IS NO HIGER DEMAND .

THE HIGHER DEMAND IS AS FAKE AS THE EASTERBUNNIE. Refinerys shut down on purpose to jack prices , Today we have gas soraing up and up one station in Ravenswood wv is at 3.59 a gallon reported on the radio now bullshit .

HURRICANES NEVER EVER EFFECTED GAS PRICES IN THE LAST 100 YEARS . WHY NOW ???????
    WE HAVE A IDIOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE VOTED IN BY BIGGER IDOTS THE 2ND ROUND

Giving bush the benifit of the doubt , is opening the reserves now why in hell is gas climbing like a rocket other than coperate greed , That is time to get Gasoline off the future trading crap, and take a stand and starve the oil tycoons like their starving us . prices have went up 3 times at sheets i know that got a load this morning .

6. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

No higher demand? Refineries shut down on purpose? I think you need to get your own head above water.

The worldwide higher demand is FACT. Who would intentionally shut down or allow a refinery to be shut down when the bottleneck is refinery capacity? That would be like if you were to stop mowing so that the demand would go up thus raising prices. Do you think that there would not be another LCO that would go mow those lawns?

I find it absolutely UNBELIEVABLE that folks want to blame high prices on George Bush. Oil prices are supply and demand driven and we are lucky to have them as low as they are. Have you ever been to Europe? Gas costs $7 or $8 in Europe.

Do you realize that adjusted for inflation gas prices are NOT at an all time high? The all time high was 1981. We pay MUCH more for cars, groceries, mowers, real estate and most everything else than we did since 1981. We have had some really easy years on fuel prices but that just can't last forever.

Take it like an adult.

Have a great day,
    Doc

7. C&KLawnCare

BULLCRAP

It is fake and has been proven that it is how many damned refinerys we have sitting idle huh????????????????? Why are they idle Hell ask bush

OPEC ya fool thats who so the future trading could cause a scare and PREDICT some False info to jack prices up .

If people would wake up . Some one dies and gas shoots up now , what in hell did his death have anything to do with refinery of oil.. Over the years of hurricanes . hell in 1985 50% of wv was under flood waters due to a Hurricane guess what gas was not rasing 45-50 cents a day . I dont think it even budged . How many hurricanes and tropical storms have happened thru history that ever raised gas .

You sir need to wake the hell up

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Ever hear of a small place called CHINA? there growing economy is useing more oil than ever before, and theres been no refinery built in the last few decades :dizzy: :dizzy:

9. C&KLawnCare

Oh christ not that line of bs they got going around again , China has not one iota thing to do with our Prices

10. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

My daddy taught me that you can't win an argument with a fool...so I guess I'll just stay out of this one.