gas prices still growing in Rochester!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by sodgod, Aug 14, 2005.

1. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

Here in Rochester i woke up the morning and the price of gas went up 9 cents from last night when i went to bed. Its up to 2.64 a gallon!! Wat are some of the prices out there? how are you dealing with it?

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'm staying home, letting the fuel tanks rest... I don't have major 500-gallon underground tanks like some guys around this forum but all my stuff will hold upwards of 80 gallons and I think I'm down around 35 so it would take 120 dollars to fill everything up and my budget for next week is 55 dollars total, so I'm staying home to help lower fuel demand :)

One thing that has really helped over time is a fuel budget - a reasonable and LIMITED amount I can spend per week, both for the truck + equipment and a separate amount for the cars (since that is personal). This set amount keeps me from wasting it, all I have to do is stick to it and I can spend the budget but only once/week and once it is spent, that is all the fuel I get and the budget is not sky-high: My cars are set at 15 dollars/week for both (NOT each, lol), the truck + equipment is a % of the deposit (meaning money I actually am putting in the bank) and is also rather aggressive, the higher the price of fuel goes, the less fuel I get out of the budget. It does frustrate me a bit, but I simply can't afford to do otherwise.

3. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

in jacksonville florida 86 goes for $2.71 and for 93 its $2.91 and diesel is $2.71.fuel is killing me.i wish i still had my isuzu diesel pup.i could have just run offroad diesel in it and been fine.

4. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Wholesale gas prices spiked up 16% today. The refinery problems in Louisiana is all over the news. I won't be surprised to see $3.00 - $3.25 for regular in the next few days.

5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

the owner at the gas station I always go to raised his price 20cents today, and he said its going up another 35+ cents when he gets his next tanker. Best part is that they are out of regular so they have to sell the premium for the regular price :)

I paid 2.55 at 8am, at 9am it was 2.75

anyway, im not going to complain. I rather pay a few bucks more at the pump and get it from the middle east, than see more lives be dead and have a bunch of oil floating around in the water.

6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

another reason for our government to pick our pockets at the pump.... and no response necessary, if you don't get it buy now you are part of the problem

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

This hurricain could not have come at the worst time of the year. They seem to find holiday weekends a good excuse to raise prices anyway. And now loosing hundred's of thousands of barrels of oil will really impact us in the next week to come. Around here it's stayed around $2.55/gal for 86oct. I filled everything up today, I would rather pay $2.55 than 3 something a gallon. I also purchased a fuel card from a Citco station and it saves me 5 cents per gallon.

8. bossy boots

bossy boots LawnSite Member

I live in Ontario and our gas prices are about $1.02 a litre this is $3.85 a gallon. worst prices ever!