Gas Prices Waaaayyy Up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Charles, Apr 11, 2001.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

In the past 2 weeks gas price in SC have gone up 25 cents a gallon. They say it could be up over$ 2.00 in the south by mid june. I bet W is very happy about this and the oil companies know hes on their side and will keep jacking the prices up higher than ever.

2. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

Buy some stock in Shell or Standard Oil and reap the benefits, if you can't beat em join em!

3. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

Did anybody expect it to go down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would not even apply the brakes if an oil exec stepped off the curb in front of me!!!!!!!

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

definately dont buy stock in shell. shell is breaking off its merger and the dealers are hurting. my dad owns two mobils and he heres gas is going to go way up too. too bad the shelf life of gas is only 31 days otherwise you could fill a few tankers up to save some bucks.

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

Gas has increased a dime per gallon since last Friday, 4/6/01. Too bad my Chevy HD 2500 loves the stuff.

6. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

WE took a little road trip down to baton rouge/ new orleans. I almost took the crew cab but decided to take the concord. I am so glad we did. I filled the car up at a station and happened to be next to a diesle pump. $1.98/gal.!!!!!!!!!!! I figured it was higher up herre in north louisiana rather than deep south. I was wayyyyyyy wrong. I just can not wait til we get hit with the price hike!! Be happy you gas burners can atleast go from an expensive grade to a low grade and can save up to 30 cents a gallon doing so. Diesle guys do not have the luxury :( I do admit I am getting better milage than the old SLUGurban. I remember the days diesle was cheaper than the lowest grade of regular gas..now it is up there with premium.

7. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I just noticed that they jumped up Monday. Oh well. Such as life, now we have an excuse for raising prices.

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

The price I paid today was 1.53 for 89 octane.

9. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

87 octane went from 1.39 to 1.62 in less than 2 weeks but then Wisconsin didn't vote for W. I didn't either.