Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, Apr 18, 2001.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in the Tampa area gas prices are goin up everyday,they say upto $2.00 per gallon by summer.My question is , should i raise the price on my customers?? Also cost of living is up..

2. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

Depends on what fuel cost now. Here in Missouri fuel runs around $1.50 give or take. All clients were informed at the beginning of the season that fees will be increased if gas prices reach $2.00 or higher. I figure I'll raise my rates about every $.80 cents if it goes over 2 bucks. Hopefully your clients will understand. Maybe you will need to wait till it hits $2.40. Whatever you decide will surely make a few clients un-happy. What do you Do?

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

From what I heard, it could hit $3.00 a gallon, it's $2.00 a gallon for premium now in Chicago area. Big ole bummer. :mad:

[Edited by Eric ELM on 04-18-2001 at 10:38 PM]

4. kountryscape

kountryscape LawnSite Member
    from iowa

Ok been thinking of getting a fuel tank everything i own is unleaded so one fuel is all i need.I know in the past i checked into it but its like .15 extra per gallon but now its 1.59 in iowa and by summer it will be 2.00 a gallon.

what to do>>>

j.morgan
    countryscape
    the outdoor contractor

5. shorelinelawn

shorelinelawn LawnSite Member

As soon as gas goes to 2.00$ a gallon, ALL my customers will receive a 1.00 $ increase. If it goes to 2.50 $ I'll add another dollar. You HAVE to pass on to your customer, otherwise you will not make any money. Friday I filled both my mowers, a 2.5 gallon can, and a 1.5 gallon can . This was 24.00 $$ of regular at 1.89 per gallon. I didn't fill the truck yet............

6. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

There is this resort on one of the lakes in our area that we always fill our boat up at and its been $1.99 a gallon for as long as I can remember, we always thought we were getting ripped off. But maybe now when the prices are rocketing over $2.00, I will go there to fill up the mowers...HAHA!!! Hell of a deal:)

7. Rodg

Rodg LawnSite Member

I have heard that prices are going up, but so far have not seen any significant change here. Still around a 1.50/gal. Major problems seem to be a shortage of additives and two refining plants (one in Europe, the other in S.A. that had major accidents...does the word "bang!" cover it?). Needless to say if gas does go up, we will have to raise prices (does a corporation wait to raise their prices if costs go up?)

-the grass is always greener-on a pro's lawn!