Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scott H, Apr 25, 2001.

1. Scott H

Scott H LawnSite Member

How are you all dealing with the rise in gas prices?

How much extra do you find yourself spending this year compared to last year.

Scott H

2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a 93 chevy 1500 4.3v6 with a 32 gal tank. I just filled it today with 93. OUCH. I think it may be time to think about raising prices a bit.

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

So far the prices are about like last year, the only difference is, the price increased earlier this spring. :mad:

This summer they say the prices will be higher than last year. I heard tonight on the news, crude oil is down 5% in price and they are charging 10% more. Time for someone to do something about this.

4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We raised all our maintenance prices $1.50/M SF and this will accomodate for the hassels of fuel increases this season.

I have to agree with TJLC that the price of 93 is thru the roof $1.85 gl. on average.

Kris

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I wish it was that cheap here. $1.89 for 87 here and over $2.00 for 93. :mad:

6. Turfclippings

Turfclippings LawnSite Member

buy a diesel and watch the savings grow

7. mowjoe

mowjoe LawnSite Member

I raised all my customers prices this year and everybody seemed to understand. Everthing is going up we also do roofing and it has gone up 17% because of oil prices. It's everwhere.

8. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

>Time for someone to do something about this.

You don't really except an Adminstration from Texas to try and do anything about high gas prices do you? I've been watching the barrel prices for years and this price increase in gas is TOTTALLY unjustified. Gas wasn't this high when barrels hit the mid 30's during the 90's Gulf Crisis. Another indicator that it's bull is, widely varying prices from station to station. In Charlotte one station is 1.45 and across the street it's 1.62. When things are calmer you don't normally see variations like that.

9. 87 octane is now at average price of $1.97. By next month, I was told today to expect $2.15

As some of you know, Califonia is experiencing a major utility price spikes and outages. Our local refineries are at capicity, so if one goes down, shortage of gas equals even crazier gas prices. Another problem is rifineries are not considered necessary during rolling black outs of electricity, so they loose production capicity this way also. I do have to say this though, in the U.S., we're spoiled compared to other countries.

I am just sick and tired of these problems. I do not and can not realize what is the problems that the oil companies are facing. I do think the oil companies are shooting themselves in the foot by making excessive profits like they've been doing as of late. Just like electricity, we need gas. So these companies just keep raising and raising prices because they know we'll complain, but continue to purchase these items.

Wait til new epa policies go into effect in your area.(smog and such...) Wish all of you luck with gas prices.

John

10. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i heard a forecast that gas prices may peak at over $3/gal by mid/late summer in some areas. can't remember where i heard it though, cnn or msnbc i think.