Gas Prices?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jman, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Jman

Jman LawnSite Member

Just wondering what gas prices were in your area. Heard rumors that Springfield Ill. was at $2.79, southern Ill. was going to $3. Haven't been out of the building to find out what it is in St. Louis yet today.

2. Smither

Smither LawnSite Member

Peoria, Illinois, $4/gallon as of 3:30. Goin' up around $1/hr. Pisses ya off, don't it???

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

my dad owns two mobils in CT. he received two faxes stating to prepare for a panic on gasoline. the second stated gasoline in CT was going to be allocated. since a lot of the fuel around here comes from the NY harbor, prices are expected to increase due to loss of offices in NY and ban on waterway traffic right now. i guess we will have to play the waiting game.

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Refineries are being shut down due to the terrorists attacks. Simple supply and demand

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

just got a report from the gas station. we keep getting faxes of price increases as i write. usually only price increases come in the morning. i think the supply and demand theory is going to hurt the price. only time will tell.

6. It's $5+ a gal now in St. Louis MO

Good thing I just got 1,500 gal yesterday morning

LGF:blob1:

7. dhicks

dhicks Member

I filled tonight at $1.43. I would expect that prices will go up up and away within a few days.

8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/SoundingBoard.asp

I do work for Reliable Petroleum ...aka Shell .....in Brevard ....the word we got was .30 max .50 ....I filled up at 4pm today .....93 premium @ $1.65 ....yesterday it was $1.65 ....tommorrow ??

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I filled all my tanks up tonite (just to be safe...for a while!) at my local station for $1.35/gal. I was scared about all this $3-$5/gal stuff, and it all looks to be a hoax.

Time will tell.

10. I have just got word from a friend . If you see gas prices that are outragous, call your Attorney Genaral! Price Goudging is against the law. Report them. In the mean time I have no choice but to pay those prices.

LGF:blob1: