1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1wezil, Sep 11, 2008.

1. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

Has anybody seen the gas lines tonight ? i heard it was BAD in Sweetwater tn and Knoxville all the stations down town Sweetwater were out of gas and closing till more gas came in ! people are NUTS ! i'am in Nashville tonight and everything is cool hear . JUST BECAUSE OF IKE !!!!!!!!
  2. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Yepper. Stations in central Mississippi began rationing gas tonight and some stations were out. Prices have jumped thirty cents today and will rise some more tomorrow.
  3. mjealey

mjealey LawnSite Senior Member

Obviously, I live in Knoxville. I drove by an Exxon on Tazewell Pike and there was cars backed up clear out on the road. It was ridiculous. I completely forgot about this hurricane. I should have stopped earlier in th day and filled up my gas guzzling Chevy!
  4. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

heard they may jump 50 cents here overnight i filled up just in case
  5. mjealey

mjealey LawnSite Senior Member

Ths is just ridiculous. The price for a barrel of oil hasn't jumped that much!!! Why in the world is th price going up so much. We get all our oil from the middle east anyways. The price for a barrel of oil was at the same price lasr year as it is now, and I was pating $2.65 here in Knoxville last year. Now I am paying $3.65 before this hurricane thing. I can do math and that means oil companies are making a $1.00 more per gallon than this time last year. What an absolute joke!!! Stick these CEo's of the companies in a 3/4 ton truck pulling around a 5k pound trailer and make them drive 100 miles a day and see how they like it. They don't have to pay for nothing because they are cheafured around all day in Limo's. Off my rant, I feel better though.
  6. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

we heard it's going up a $1.50 overnight and may hit $5 bucks soon i hope the oil people chock on the gas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

That is what the News said tonight, I got out and all the stations in town was back up out in the road. $3.65 as of tonight price sure it will go up in the morning.
  8. GreenAcresLC

GreenAcresLC LawnSite Member
    from KY

Owensboro, KY here. Some of the stations here are rationing....only allowing 10 gallon purchases, etc. Most are around the 3.65-3.85 range, but there is one who has already raised to 4.65!!! Yeah, he made the news tonight. Hope he gets charged for price gouging.

On a different note, Zero Turn Mowers from Osceola...Are you the guy I bought the Exmark 36" WB from back in december? If so, its been a good little machine for me.

Green Acres Lawn Service, LLC
    Owensboro, KY
  9. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, thats me. Good to hear its working out.
  10. HoseJockey

HoseJockey LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

Today when the fuel truck delivered the gas to the shop he said gas was gonna go up this weekend. So we sent all our trucks to the Exxon to fill up and try to save the gas at the shop. When I left the Exxon I filled up 5 trucks on my card at around $550 and some change and we still had 7 trucks to try and fill up.