Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ben fritz, Feb 19, 2013.

1. ben fritz

ben fritz LawnSite Member

What are the gas prices where you are at, last night my store where I buy everyday was $3.82 today they are $3.99. Are you guys going to raise the price of your cuts because of it and what about the accounts that you already have?

2. Vanderhoff Landscaping

Vanderhoff Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I am raising mine for this year. In only going up roughly $5.00 though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

$3.59 to $3.69 for regular around here. I raised my prices in January for the upcoming season. The increase reflected what I was going to raise them anyway, plus a little extra since I figured gas would be higher than last season. And no there won't be any surcharges attached to any summer invoices. I already took it all into account.

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

it's going up fast is what's scary. it was less than $3 a gallon about a month or so ago. it went from $3.49 to $3.59 in one day here. i haven't looked at it in several days. i imagine it's close to $3.75 a gallon now. that's about where it topped out at last year in july. it may go to $5 a gallon or more if things keep going this way.

5. Vanderhoff Landscaping

Vanderhoff Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

It's crazy! And the nitwits in Washington claim that there's nothing they can do about it which I personally think is bullsh*t!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm accelerating slower. I gradually accelerate. It sure does piss off people who are in a hurry, but it does save gas. Don't the prices go up with the summer blend/ summer fuel mix? I heard that somewhere.

7. LawnBoy with a john deere

LawnBoy with a john deere LawnSite Member
    from OH

Here in southern Ohio it's been above 3.50 for a while. It was 3.99 today and diesel is 4.25. Ridiculous 100-150 $ a week at these prices during mowing season.

8. onlythebest

onlythebest LawnSite Senior Member

Diesel is 1.339/l here so 5.06 a gallon gas is around 4.90 a gallon
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

Diesel and premium is $4.19 the last I checked and regular is $3.79.

Its hard for me to raise my prices much more because there's so much competition that's already cheaper than me.

10. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Currently $3.60 per gallon here for unleaded. At the end of last month, it was down to $2.83, I think it was. The fuel burned in your equipment generally isn't a huge issue. What will cost a chunk more is operating your tow vehicles.