Gas Station Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scott30, Mar 18, 2014.

1. scott30

scott30 LawnSite Member
    from MO

My company has recently been asked to submit a bid for a local chain of gas stations (3 total). We're a younger company and have taken on some commercial properties in the last few years but never anything like this. They gave me a form to fill out which i've never had anyone do before. They form asked what types of insurance I have. I have general liability but not workers comp since I'm the owner and only employee I don't need it. If I need help I usually contract the work out and the contractor carries his own insurance. I've thought about attaching a cover letter explaining this since I don't want to lose a bid just because I don't have a certain type of insurance. What do you guys think of this?

2. thegreenskeeperkc

thegreenskeeperkc LawnSite Member

I would put on the cover letter that you are the owner and only employee, thus not needing work comp. If you need help, make sure its not on those 3 gas stations.

3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

That's exactly what I'd do. I was without workers' comp for about ten years because I was solo. I also had on average ten commercial accounts and it was never an issue: banks, medical office, church, neighborhood common areas, etc.

Just fill the form out to the best that you can and include a brief letter. Don't let it intimidate you. We all win some and lose some. ;)