Gas Station Parking

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Eddie B, May 6, 2005.

1. supper_slash

supper_slash LawnSite Member

Well i have had problems at the pumps with or with out the trailer, the same trouble that is listed on all of the posts. Well i found a quick fix, it works great here, but were you are at it might not. Here it is: one time i just got cursed out at the pump was back on the road thinking about how that guy was way out of line, when i looked up and found my answer , in the back of a pickup truck in front of me was a gun rack with a gun in it ( this is normal were i live Arkansas) so i made me a gun rack and bough a red rider bb gun that looks like a real rifel, at a yard sale cheep and have it all mounted in the back of my jeep. it works all of the time here. I never had any one do anything but smile and get out of the way when they see me now. :confused: It makes you wonder if country boyz got it all figured out all ready ???????? :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

2. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

A friend of mine had BB rifles in his trunk and the police took them all and destroyed them. He wasn't using them, he was just pulled over for a traffic violation and they searched him.

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Your allowed to transport a gun (never call it a weapon in front of a police officer unless you have permit to carry), at least in ohio you can. Just can't have the ammo with it. I'd be pretty ragged if i got pulled over while going to hunt and they destroyed my 500 dollar shotgun :(

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I love when the pull behind me filling up with out any thought to what I am you got to see the faces when we get to about the 8th tank with more still to go.

5. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

Here in Indiana I am able to get a concealed carry permit to carry a pistol. One night on my way home I stopped at a gas station to get some coffee and noticed a questionable fellow approaching my truck from a distance. I was unsure of his intent at the time, but when I stepped out of the truck and allowed my .45 colt to show he did a 180 and forgot about his plan! I don't flaunt it. But it does make a difference when they see the ace your holding!

6. Frog Lights  LLC

Frog Lights LLC LawnSite Member

Should have responded in Spanish ...that you don't understand English !!

7. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I rarely bring my trailers through gas stations, I put the tanks in the back of a pickup to fill. Even still, it takes a while to fill the trucks, especially the dump that requires you to lift the bed to reach the fill.

I am a big customer at the local station, so they never have a problem when I take awhile at the pump. I have also gotten to know the owner and most of the regular employees there. Always helps.