1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gas Strimmer Brands

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMachine GT20, Apr 9, 2006.

1. GreenMachine GT20

GreenMachine GT20 LawnSite Member

What are your favorite gas string trimmer brands? Mine are Echo, GreenMachine, and Weed Eater. I find all three of these brands very good. Please give me your thoughts.
    P.S. I am a student, evangelist, and euphonium soloist. I do yard work solely for my mother and friends. However, I do enjoy keeping up with all the latest yard and garden equipment.
    Ed Romine
  2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I use mainly Stihl but also have one Shindawia. Weed Eater is home owner junk , the stuff we use is commercial grade.
  3. Sawmac

Sawmac LawnSite Member

I use mostly kawasaki trimmers, 34a and 27a's had alot of luck with them, I used to use Stihl but got sick of buying 6 new ones every season
  4. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Kawaski, easier to get parts than shindawia, execellent power, my guys don't break them as often as other brands.
  5. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

6. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

shindaiwa and redmax here
  7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Green Machine? WeedEater?[​IMG]

I use Stihl for trimming
  8. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

All Echo products here and we love them!
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Stihl and Shindaiwa here. I was a big fan of the Shindaiwa T-230 until I bought it's catalitic convertor equiped replacement, the T-231. What a piece of crap, gutless trimmer it had become. Yesterday I yanked off the cat muffler and put on a regular muffler from a old T-230 I had laying around. The power is back, it's lighter and it revs way higher. I think I'll leave it this way.
  10. BillWil

BillWil LawnSite Member

Kawa and redmax