gas tank z-turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fergman, Aug 31, 2007.

1. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

i tried using purple power degreaser full stength to get my fuel tanks back to a pretty grey but they are still extremely yellow. i just dont know what to use to get them looking almost new again i guess. anybody know how to do it??? its an exmark

2. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

its called plasticote you can get it at the zone or napa. the gas takes the pigmet out of the plastic clean it good then paint it last about two seasons

3. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

wow it must be real bad because purple power almost always took most of it out of our old exmarks. is it really bad or is it just enough to be annoying.

josh

4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

gray spray paint... degrease it first. find a close match. either a flat or matte finish.

5. fergman

from VA

awesome info bud! thanks alot ive only got 470 some hours on one of the new ones and its just the left side. the right side looks fine. it looks like its redish tan color and makes it look old. so i need to paint it grey first THEN coat it with plasticoat? and for the side thats in good shape just put the plasticoat on it so if gas hits it it wont flub it up?

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Plasticote is the paint.

7. fergman

from VA

thanks alot