gas tanks

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by NC Scaper, May 30, 2004.

1. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

When will all this drama end. I work for a hustler dealer and at first the gas tank problem was not that bad till last week when I changed the same side gas tank on the same mower two days after i put the first one on. The replacements are suppose to fix the problem. So what is the deal. We are now going to start pressure testing all our units that we sell or have sold to try to cut down on this.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

What problem are you seeing ?
    Every fuel tank we install is pressure tested from our supplier before we receive them.
    Where is it leaking ?
    Have your service department call the factory and explain this.

Pj

3. halftag

halftag LawnSite Member

I have only 4 hours on my Fas Trak 20/52 and have noticed that both tanks "leak" at the gas caps. Does anyone else have this problem?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

There are new fuel caps with a different type of venting system in them that we are starting to send to affected end users.
    These will also be in our distributors and dealers stock very shortly.
    Please call your dealer and let him know your situation.

Pj

5. Dagoose

Dagoose LawnSite Member
    from NY

Is there a charge for the replacement fuel caps?

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Depends if they are the style we are replacing.
    We have used a couple different styles over the last few years.
    Depending on the serial # of your machine and what style caps are on it, will determine whether we send them to you no charge or you get them from your dealer no charge.
    You may not need them, we already started updating a lot of mowers in dealer inventories and distributor inventories.
    Your dealer has a service bulletin to reference it is service bulletin # 396
    Please call your dealer if you are experiencing any leaking through the gas cap ASAP, do not use the mower until it is resolved.

Pj

7. Dagoose

Dagoose LawnSite Member
    from NY

Got a couple of gas caps in the mail yesterday directly from Hustler. Nice to see they're proactive, I hadn't contacted my dealer yet.

8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I got mine in the mail yesterday as well. I put them on and haven't had any problems with the gas leakage yet. I am glad they decided to fix the problem.

9. wynn

wynn LawnSite Member

have two super z one bought in may 2004, other one two weeks ago . dealer says both have the new caps, but both are still leaking gas. what gives. :help:

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You need to go back to your dealer and have him reference his service bulletin on the gas caps.
    He can then verify with absolute certainty that you have the latest cap's.
    If you have the latest caps and they are leaking we need to know about it.
    Have him replace them again and call the factory with the information.

Pj