1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gas thieves 3 nights in a row

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by derbydon, Mar 18, 2010.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

The electricity was for stray dogs...
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. laxman3221

laxman3221 LawnSite Member
    from MD

The gift that keeps giving during cross examination.

3. cgaengineer

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. laxman3221

laxman3221 LawnSite Member
    from MD

Good luck.

5. mrealty

mrealty LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

If it gets to trail by jury, it's still a crap shoot. I was recently on a jury where the plaintiff sited the Georgia Castle Law. We didn't rule in his favor.

6. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

People get shocked lightning all of the time. Look up "positive giant" the lightning that strikes out of the clear blue sky. http://www.stormwarn.com/rants/lightning.html You can easily hide the power source and use a simple jumper cable clamp on a rope and connect it to the frame or suspension. When you hear the scream or see the police car just reel it in. Also works just as well to use a chain attached to your machine with an insulated post. Turning off the power removes suspicion and you can hide the transformer before anyone can investigate. It is almost impossible for someone to die from low current high voltages especially from a shunt type transformer common to neon signs or a magneto pulsing. Electrocution is more likely from a steady AC source like the power grid. Another trick was to put a neon tube load with a photosensor so that after someone gets hit the transformer will disconnect preventing electrocution. Be creative and deny everything when asked. Never, ever confess to anything even if guilty.

7. mrealty

mrealty LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Put that on your business cards.

8. lyube

lyube LawnSite Fanatic

GAS cans..

Filled with Diesel/sugar :)

9. cgaengineer

Neon sings are good, 9000 volts and no amps!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

i had a buddy who rents a trailor in front of his house to some punks,that he started believing they were stealing his lawnmower gas,about 5 gallon a week,so i told him get some old gas out of his dad old farm truck been setting 10-12 years,put it in the said gas jug with two boxes of moth balls in it,and sure enough two nights later it was empty and there nice little honda acccord was blowed up,came in on a rollback.i luaghed my a$$ off for weeks.