Gas to cost less this year, get ready for lowballing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncuttinfoo, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

I didn't mean to offend you. I wasn't saying that you didn't care about quality.

What I am trying to say is, that the customers that don't care and are easy to deal with, are the ones that low ballers can easily take from you. I have many customers that are a pain and those customers will think twice before they go for a lower price.

Example:
    I have a commercial account that is very picky about the landscaping around their property. My contract is $23k a year for just maintenance. The manager resigned a 3yr contract with our company. After signing he showed me another price from a company for $17k. If this customer only cared about straight lines, he would have jumped on the other landscaper.

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Gas prices will probably get back to where they were at last summer if not higher.

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Gone up 16 cents in the last week here.almost 4 bucks again.

4. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

Gas prices are on the way up, not down.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, the lowballers are coming here and we'll tell them exactly what they need to know to steal our customers.

6. H & M Yard Improvements

H & M Yard Improvements LawnSite Member

My price is my price PERIOD! If they don't like it, then I tell them to have a nice day! When they try and talk you down from the get go, that immediately throws up a red flag for me! If they are going to try to talk you down from the start, then imagine what they might be like during the course of the year? No thank you! I have a business to run and a family to support! I don't have time for that. Having someone talk you down is taking food out if your kids mouth so to speak! (I hope I worded that phrase right lol).
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. H & M Yard Improvements

H & M Yard Improvements LawnSite Member

This coming from the liberal media who supports a president with a massive "spending problem" and a huge increase in national debt? I'm sorry, I don't mean to bring politics into this BUT when the prices are already at the threshold that the media says its going to be at and then say its going to be cheaper, that throws a red flag out there! I don't believe one word the media says! There's no more honesty in journalism!

With that being said, lowballers will come and go! Year in and year out! I've accepted that its part of the business!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Did you see that 12 year old thread I bumped complaining about lowballers and $2/gallon gas?

9. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

What secret are they going to learn?? Price rediculasly low to get the job?? Isn't that what they do anyway?? :hammerhead:

10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

shhhhhhhhhhhh...they're listening