Gas trimmer...HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by banksl&s, Apr 19, 2013.

1. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

isn't echo and shindiawa more or less the same thing now? Not 100% on that but i thought i heard echo bought them out and their new stuff is just red badged echoes?

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

For a homeowner especially, you can't beat the Husqvarna 223L like they sell both at dealerships and Lowe's. I have one. It is the lightest weight pro trimmer out, very reliable, and more than anough power for all but the worst conditions. It also has the best bump head I've ever used. I also have a FS90 and FS250, so I am not being brand loyal. Go handle one for yourself and you won't need any of us to tell you what to do.

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Except for the larger BP blowers, that's just about 100% correct. Too many guys have been reporting troubles with the newer Echo trimmers for me to ever buy one.

4. Brules

Brules LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Oklahoma

I have the Echo SRM 225 and it is tremendous. Light in weight but plenty of power and revs up fast. The Echo SRM 225/ Stihl 90r and Husqy 223L are all great though, can't go wrong with any of them.

5. jschultznorth

jschultznorth LawnSite Member

I use a stihl 90r and a stihl kombi 110 dailt which I love the kombi. I hear that shindaiwa trimmers last the longest and are great. That will be the next one I buy. Hear decent things about echo too

6. banksl&s

banksl&s LawnSite Member

I seen a lot of good reviews on the Redmax online. I'll check out the Husky too! Thanks.