gas up 6 cents this week alone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsf343, Jan 14, 2011.

1. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yikes... you thought things were tough last year. Word is gas may creep to $4.00 a gallon by summer and $5.00 by next year. Luckily I am going to school at night and hope to be into a new career by next year and still run this on the side.

what are your ideas or plans to make it through?

Good luck to everyone this year! :waving:

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

We are making enough to weather the storm but the extra costs of fuel insurance etc.. is starting to really affect the bottom line. We will be going up on prices accross the board March 1st on all accounts except a select few who are already paying a "premimum" price. If the customer doesn't accept the increase, they will have to choose another provider. We've never raised our maintenance prices in 15 years.

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

If I need to, I'll tack on a fuel surcharge on the monthly bill. Should gas get to $4/gal, I will let my customers know that they will have a fuel surcharge on their bill at the end of the month. It'd only be like $4 or $5 extra a month, but helps ease the blow of higher prices.

4. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like you guys are doing the same thing we are. It is scary but you have to make a living.

5. loupiscopolandscaping

loupiscopolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

please drop by april! lol

6. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

buy 20 cents worth of gas and use it to set the gas stations on fire.

7. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

:eek::eek::eek: Careful what you say now days. You'll end up on someones terrorist list!

8. All of my customers will be charged a fuel surcharge once gas hits $4/gallon. I only have one account I will be raising this year. People have to understand the charge, everyone else raises their prices when fuel goes up. Are we supposed to be schmucks and not charge extra for it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

OBEY THE VOICE!!:dizzy:

10. neckbone

neckbone LawnSite Member

As long as the Gov. keeps printing money prices keep going up