1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ric, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Diesel----$ 1.899----------Gas 87 octane----$ 1.799
  2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Diesel was $1.95 here earlier in the week....WTF!! Haven't really kept an eye on the regular gas prices.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

there was a $.15 cent increase over three days this week. things should hold steady until the uncertainty is gone. its $1.89 here. same as the cost of super unleaded. itll come down eventually
  4. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Diesel fuel is always more expensive than regular gas in the winter. I believe it has something to do with using a special type of diesel fuel called diesel fuel number 2. This is supposed to be a high grade diesel fuel that won't freeze during the winter. Anyhow, things should adjust in the spring. In my part of Canada, diesel fuel is usually $0.05 cheaper than gas, on average.
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'm glad I bought a diesel truck. It really stretches those fuel dollars compared to my old gas burner!
  6. MSYardman

MSYardman LawnSite Member
    from MS & LA

Diesel fuel is higher in the winter because by just changing the name, you have home heating fuel. And that is sold mainly beginning in October through March.

It's a case of supply and demand.

Keep an eye on the crude prices and you will get an idea if the street prices are going up or down. Right now, they are hovering. Just waiting for the 3 day war to happen.