Gasing up equiptment with an enclosed

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lynden-Jeff, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

How do you guys go about this, without unloading all the mowers at the gas station. Only downside I can think of with the enclosed.

Cheers
    Jeff

2. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Just unload them thats the easiest way to do it. Or if you get close enough use ur side door and fill her on up.

3. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Why do so many people want to make this more difficult than it needs to be? Unloading the mowers at the gas station sounds cray to me.

Through the side door I can generally reach two of three mowers. Fill a couple gas cans and I am all set. This works for me. I guess for some reason it does not work well for others.

4. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

Works for me too. however when i know that i have to fill up i'll back the zero turn in that way i can fill it easier.

5. Optimum Lawn

Optimum Lawn LawnSite Member

Gas cans preferred method for me.
    Unloading seems like a PITA.
    Worst case fuel up through side door...but not preferred at all with fumes and all...likely should open back door as well to ventilate things better.

6. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

Install fuel doors. I have a small fuel door on the drivers side of my trailer that is about a 1 foot square door. I got it on ebay for about 10 bucks and took about 20 min. to install. Put the nozzle through and fill up the mowers. I put it on the drivers side cuz that the fill up side on my truck. Just as eay as an open trailer. I can get you a pic if you want.

7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I'll be buying some more gas cans then..

8. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

As far fumes I have roof vents and have no problems.

9. Reassurance Property

Reassurance Property LawnSite Member

We fill them all at the shop at the end of the day. That way they are ready for the next day. We just carry a few five gallon cans and that does just fine. Keeps your guys from waisting 15-20 minutes at the gas station buying munchies and smokes as well.

10. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Reassurance - What size transfer tank are you using? Do you get any benifit to buying in such large numbers. Ive been looking at fuel transfers from 100-390 gallons. Prices are all over the place on these things. I agree too much time is spent at the gas station messing around.