Gasline under patio

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by greenguy08, Sep 11, 2008.

1. greenguy08

greenguy08 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

How do you install a gasline under a patio for an outdoor kitchen? You obviously need to protect it from compaction, maybe with a rigid piece of conduit in your base?:walking:

2. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

Here in maryland it has to be installed 36" below grade, and with a flex tube protective sheathing. Also has to be installed by a certified gas plumber. We did one last season, it wasnt too bad. Had our guys dig the trench, the plumber came out and installed the line. When we completed the patio and kitchen, he came back out to do the final hookup to the supply line and the fixture.

3. Tom B.

Tom B. LawnSite Member

You pull a permit and have it installed according to local building codes.

4. johnslandscaping

johnslandscaping LawnSite Member

In delaware 18" below grade min. and a lic plumber and pull permit. I just did this last week. I dug trench 24" laid out pipe plumber hooked to house and valve at other end ran pressure check inspector checked deph and pressure said ok cover it up don't forget caution tape above pipe about a foot from final grade. complete project

5. Tom B.

Tom B. LawnSite Member

That's exactly what's required here. Funny thing is how many people don't pull permits, much less install things correctly. I've actually had a job shut down because the contractor we lost the job to didn't pull the appropriate permits. Maybe that's why he was so much lower than us. The plumber and electrician we work with won't even touch a job if a permit is required and not pulled.

6. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

dont you mean Propane?