Gasoline at Sam's Club?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Larson Lawn Care, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I thought about buying my gas at Sam's Club, but am a bit skeptical on the quality. Any experience, thoughts or information about it? I'm trying to find ways to save money this year and buying gas a bit cheaper will definitely help.

2. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

From my area, Wal-Mart sometimes is cheaper??????
    The wal-mart superstore brings its fuel from a local supplier called Murphy's bulk. Sam's Club purchases and hauls fuel in from Exxon located in Memphis Tn. The difference in cost depends on weekly trends from 2-5 cents per gallon. Our only downfall is the local Sam's only sells 87 and 93 octane as well as Diesel. NO MID GRADE!!!!
    As far as dependability goes, the wells are filled 3-4 times a day and we have never purchased bad or water filled fuels. We have had a Sam's business account for 10 years now.

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i tried this for a while and sams wasnt cheap enough to make up for the inconvenince.

4. Larson Lawn Care

The inconvenience? My Sam's club is just up the road.

5. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got back from Sam's. My wife and I just filled her Honda Odyssey up at the Sam's gas station. Gas prices have been crazy here today. We passed a Valero gas station and regular gas was aready $3.39. Sams has their gas at $3.12 a gallon. The news just said by the end of February we will be looking at $3.59 to $3.69 a gallon.

6. Larson Lawn Care

that is quite a bit less, I haven't compared their prices to other much but I am going to monitor it within the next month and most likely, I will fuel up there.

7. Dogbonz

Dogbonz LawnSite Senior Member

check this link out,,, center your area,, and start zooming in,,, the closer you get,, the more you start to see gas prices in your area.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

bottom right corner, you can change it to gas or diesel. you can also join, to post prices you see.

8. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

I have been buying BJ's gas for years now. Never had a problem with it. I have heard that these types of places buy " leftover" gas, excess gas from suppliers. I know that my store was out of gas for a long time a couple of years ago when gas got scarce. Seems to lend support to that.

9. GrassesGuy

GrassesGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Gas is gas don't believe the BP hype that it's better. It's all the same. Stay away from E 85 unless it's 55 cents less than regular or it's not worth it in regards to gas milage.

10. Larson Lawn Care

gasbuddy.com is awesome. I'll definitely be on there daily.