Gate and Clover Problems

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Team-Green L&L, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a mess! I've been searching my memory banks for a solution to the clover problem and broadleaf without starting over. The whole darned lawn is like this.

The second issue is the gate is too small for my stump cutter. Is there a small enough cutter for this gate that can handle 3 14" stumps?

S3010049_Layer 1.jpg

S3010053_Layer 1.jpg

S3010056_Layer 1.jpg

S3010058_Layer 1.jpg

2. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

It looks like what you are dealing wih is more Oxalis than clover, but could be both in the pic. Either one you can get good control on with a product called Surge, made by PBI Gordon, or can mix a common 3 three way product with Quicksilver. Both will knock both type weeds fairly well.

3. Team-Green L&L

I just reviewed the pics. It does look like Oxalis, but I have a few other pics from the front lawn with a clover outbreak. I've never tried "Surge".

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Worst oxalis problem i ever saw. Surge--is really amazing. It fries it in 24 hours. Speedzone is similar. Cost is over a hundred dollars per gallon, as I recall. Gordons Q4 is similar, but it includes Drive for crabgrass, as well.
    I suggest add a wetting agent, as oxalis is tough, waxy and hard to wet.

5. Team-Green L&L

Any thoughts about the gate width and the stumps issue?

6. Team-Green L&L

Both these chemicals are over $100 gal. This is a little higher than I'm used to. What is the going rate per 1000 for this treatment. If you don't mind me pondering? I know how I am about posts like this...

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i had the same problem with the grinder we have, i had to cut the little metal things that hold the fence in place and fold the fence back, you just need to grab a few of the little metal tie things to replace the ones you snip offf. ya know what i mean???

8. Team-Green L&L

Great solution...thank you!

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

yep yep. no problem

10. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

yes that is mostly oxalis, any broadleaf weed control with 2-4D will do the trick, be sure to add a surfactant, because the leaves are slippery like a previous post said. $100.00 per gallon is high, but remember most are mixed with 1 ounce of product per gallon. 4 ouces for a back pack will take care of that lawn, but check the label 1st, that's how I use it here in Dallas. P.S.-- Dimension sprayed in the spring works excellant on preventing oxalis.