Gate Entry Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc, Mar 31, 2005.

1. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

Guys. I'm looking for a commercial 48", 52" or larger walk behind or rider that can fold or convert to fit through a 36" gate to add to my arsenal. I have several properties with only 36" gates and up to 3 acres fenced in. I want maximum cut width and be able to maximize it's use on regular properties as well. I am looking at the Great Dane 52" Gateway. Does anyone have one of these or can you recommend another brand that will fit through a 36" gate without using a small deck mower? Any input is greatly needed as i will purchase within the next 30 days. :help: payup

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

In addition to the Great Dane, I have seen that Cub Cadet makes a ZTR that has the same style deck.

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I would try to talk the customer into getting a bigger gate if its 3 acres. I wouldn't get a Great dane gateway. There was a guy near here had one and a while. He doesn't have it anymore. Since it spent more time in the shop than mowing.

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Last year there was a big buzz here on LS that Hustler was coming out with a 48" WB that would fold up and fit darn near anywhere.. Unfortunatly, it appears to be stillborn.. Just like the last time it was supposed to be built.

Does anyone know what happened to it?? Mowerconsultant?

5. USM Lawns

USM Lawns LawnSite Member

I have had excellent success with my Great Dane Surfers and Super Surfers!

I have never tried the Gateway though...looks a little too goofy for me.

The new Cub mower with a fold up deck just scares me..too many potential problems!

6. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

That mower is the Hustler Gatestar. I do beleive the mower is at dealers now. I havent seen it in person, but there is a pic of it in this months Pro Mag.

7. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

8. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

yes my dealer said March, which usually means end of April or May, but looks like they are almost "around"