1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gate issue ... new hinges?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PLM-1, Apr 14, 2007.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

One of my customers put up a fence. I told them to make sure that the gate opening is at least 60" wide. Well, the opening is, but the gate it self opens back on the post, only opening 90 degrees so I can't quite fit. I have hinges on my gate that have an L to the hinge and lets it open all the way back on the fence. It basically puts the pins at the back of the post and one leg of the L rests on the post and the other leg attaches to the gate. Where do I find these? I've been everywhere.
  2. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Try a fencing contractor, or bend 'em yourself
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Probably Home Depot, also.
  4. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

PLM-1....Check you pm's
  5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought about bending them myself but I didn't know about the strength of the hinge after I bent them.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Incidentally, another thing I have found with these gates....As long as these gates aren't being locked, if you take off and mount these hooks so the hinge posts are both facing up (so the gate just hangs on them), you can then just lift the whole gate and take it right off the hinge. People don't mind this, because it's all the same to them. This way, you just open the gate, lift, and set it to the side. Sometimes, this is necessary in places that the gate has nowhere to swing.
  7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I get em at either Home Depot or Lowes