1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gate Lift Assist

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by procut, Jun 11, 2006.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody using one of these?? Do they actually work good?? What brand are you using and where can I get one? The only company I have heard of is called Gorrilla Lift, are there any others?? Thanks!!

2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

It is pretty easy to make your own.....and save a ton of money....

I had a trailer with tubes for the top rails. I have a 160# garage door spring inside the tube anchored with a 3/8" bolt. Then there is cable attached to the gate end that runs over a pulley wheel and to the gate where it is attached to an eye bolt. It takes over 1/2 the weight... Cost me about $20.00....

D

3. freddy123252

freddy123252 LawnSite Member

you can get one from northern tool

4. sicklid

sicklid LawnSite Member

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

You can make 2 gate lifts for about 1/3 the price of 1. I bought some chain link fence posts, completely hollow in the middle, attached a 160# garage door springs in each, built a pulley system then mounted them to the gate. Total cost for 2 lifts = $50.

6. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea you can make one but I found it easier to just get one that was made for the job
    I have an EZgate from ballard company and it works great. It will really help with strain on your back

7. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

My trailer has what the manufacturer calls "Easi-lift". Depending on the gate, he puts from 2 to 4 gas shocks mounted on the gate to the trailer frame. works real good, helps to keep the gate from crashing down, and 1 finger lift.

8. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

EZ gate ballard industires the way to go worth the money drill holes in trailer and be done! It takes no effort at all.