Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bagit, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

I've got a 36" Stander to sqeeze past alot of gate openings, but a real gatebuster/backup/use for rain softened earth is a 32" WB. For some, it may be a 21", but I've got that one covered. I've narrowed my picks down to two. The Toro 32" Recycler deck and the Quick 32".

Should I add a third favorite? Tell of the one you pull out when it's crunch time. :)
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The Quick 32 is as wide as your 36 Stander.

Doesn't someone make a 32" Stander? It makes no sense to have a 32 and a 36?
  3. brianslawncare

brianslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i have a hand mower that is a toro recycler and its only two years old, and its junk! it bogs down even in dry grass,with the wheel raised,its hard starting. i dont even use it anymore, i use my mtd hand mower that is 10yrs old. it runs and cuts great. i would love to buy the exmark 26inch mower but i cant justify spending 1200 for a hand mower to cut 5 small yards, i just use my exmark 36 or my mtd.
  4. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Most 32's have skinny tires and apply more psi to the ground then a 36". Plus they will be belt drive which sucks.
  5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

toro 32 floater t bar is my gate crasher
  6. whosedog

whosedog LawnSite Senior Member

Wright makes a 32" stander,I'd love to own one but can't justify the expense;(I'm only part time).So I use a 32"belt bobcat for small gates,I put a velkie on it and it works great.I have read a lot of threads about the 32" stander and the biggest problem mentioned is that it ruts and digs up grass a lot because of the weight and the narrow tires.So I think I'll stick with the walk behind.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 32" stander and a 36" exmark walk behind. After owning a stander I prefer walk behinds. I won't be buying another stander. It's too heavy.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

If the gate is too small or the yard is too tight for my 36", I use my 21" Honda. BUT, I looked at a Ferris Hydrocut at the local dealer, and it looked like a good mower. It's single hydro drive, which means you have to muscle it around to turn, but they say it's not bad. There was one with low hours for sale cheap in the "Free Equipment and Parts Marketplace" forum.
  9. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark makes/used to make a 32" walk Behind i just realized i have on its 12 years old....

Really it looks JUST like my 36 jest a little smaller...

Only way i found out was when they were side by side
  10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 32" Exmark Metro walk behind. It is a great mower for small gates. I got it a few years ago for 2500..I believe they go for about 2700 now....