Gates/jason???????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, Jun 12, 2001.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Was at my dealer the other day getting a belt for my 72" mower. On the Choppers your supposed to run a belt that has the cord in the center so that the belt will bend both ways and not break. I asked my "dealer" if the Gates belt he was selling me was designed this way and he said he wasn't sure but it was a "Jason" belt made by Gates.:confused:

That really didn't help me all that much but I needed it and bought it anyway. I'll see how long it lasts, I know the bargain brand won't last that long cause they crack after a couple hundred hours.

Anyone heard of this type belt? Eric, what do the original belts have stamped on them?

Dealer acted as if he didn't know what I was talking about when I told him the cord should be in the center of the belt..........go figure!

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

A belt with a center cord sure does last longer when it has to make back bends. The belts used to say Dixie Chopper on them, but I noticed on the diesel it says something else and it just might be Gates. I will look today, if I don't forget. ;)