GateStar / TrimStar news......

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mowerconsultant, Oct 25, 2004.

1. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here is the latest info on the GateStar / TrimStar WB mowers.
    This is quoted directly from Paul Mullet, President of Hustler Turf Equipment.

"After testing this summer and fall the decision has been made to go to a three bladed 48" on the TrimStar and GateStar and to two blades on the 34" TrimStar. The small blades performed well in 90 percent of the conditions which is good -- but just not good enough. We apologize for the delay on these products but we wanted to be 100% confident in the finished product. The small blades were the last hurdle to overcome and now that the decision has been made the project will move through Engineering and into production without delays. Our Hustler dealers should have delivery dates established for next spring by the first of December."

I have no more info to share at this time, I will keep everyone updated of new info as it becomes available.

Pj

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Good Idea...

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The 3 blade system worked pretty well. As Paul stated, it performed well most of the time, but under less than ideal it did struggle some. I believe the fact that Hustler spent the time to get the field testing done in many different conditions and then used that info to put the best possible machine out speaks volumes for the company. I believe this little tank will be a good machine once it arrives in the market.

08130018.JPG

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Hustler should take a look @ the deck on the Quick 36"...They were able to get away w/having 3 blades on a 36" by having a discharge tunnel, not unlike the Toro SFS, between chambers. The Hustler deck was tightly baffled & the discharge opening was tiny...you could see trouble coming a Mile Away...

Hope it all Works Out because We have Lots of Gates !

5. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I’m waiting on a call back from my dealer on the price of the 36’’ TrimStar. I can’t wait to demo one. Will it pull a Proslide?
    By the way Pete, maybe Exmark will start having you test out their prototypes.:D :D :D :D

6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Funny, but I've been back and forth with Hustler for the last year over these machines. Oh well, guess I was right again. Funny... I've proved my ability to "correctly" test/modify Hustler equipment, so would someone please explain why you guy's didn't want me to test them for you???
    Heck, you just wasted another year............

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It has holes to bolt on most aftermarket riding sulkies.
    Although I am not sure if the Pro Slide is one of them... I will ask around and see what there saying about it... there is a lot of extra drag on the mower when using a non wheeled riding sulky.

Pj

8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Since you will be making a new deck for the machines, I hope you're going to field test them first, and not just put the deck on and offer them to the customer.
    Pete