1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gateway mower.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Black Water, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

Does any one have one, or demoed one. Looks very appealing. If any of you guys have any experience with these tell me how the cut is, and reliablity. Thanks !
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Yeah the flip up side deck. Makes it easier to get in gates.

Looks interesting.
  3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have owned a gateway for almost three years. It is a good mower. Please do a search for more detailed information.
  4. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I like the idea. I too was looking at the one Great Dane has on their site.

Accuratelawn, do you have the gateway model? If yes I would be very interested in reading a writeup.
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

And while your searching, find out what others have to say about Great Dane.
  6. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I was already doing that while you were writing this response. It seems to me that a FlexDeck is still a better option. Not only can it follow the contours of the landscape, but you can still operate the mower in tight areas with the FlexDeck raised. Can't do that with the GD Gateway.
  7. mottster

mottster LawnSite Member

I prefer Dell, myself..... :rolleyes:
  8. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

The Gateway Is too large for 36" gates, which are the norm in my area. I was interested in the Hustler (prototype) model which would be about 32" wide in the up position (if it ever comes out)????????????? I wont even go into that.
  9. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

if you do a search on this site for the hustler gatestar or gatemaster,i forget the exact name, you are looking at my next mower. hustler rep said it would be out early next year.