1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gateway mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brucec32, Feb 28, 2004.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm always looking for a versatile do-it-all mower and had a few questions I didn't see answered elsewhere. And I'm afraid I'd wait a long time before GD answered them on their forum, based on some questions I had there before.

1. The gateway isn't capable of mowing with just a 36" swath (wing up or off) is it?

2. Is the wing fixed in place when down or does it articulate ala flex-deck?

3. Is 17hp too weak on this size deck?

I can't believe I gave flex a little hard time here for his idea and now I could probably use one. My big problem with them is that I do NOT want to walk into a mower shop and say "here, cut this deck up and mount this thing on it....and make sure it cuts perfectly" Until he offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee and repairs my cut up mower deck for free if it doesn't work well I can't risk it.

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

3. Turfcutters Plus

Turfcutters Plus LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed one.Did'nt like it.Felt too unbalanced when behind it.Hard to adjust deck.3rd wheel mark in middle.What a flop!