Gateway Stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Gatewayuser, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is a couple of stripe pics using my gateway.

lawn1.jpg

2. Gatewayuser

And one more.

LAWN 2.jpg

3. LHSlawnman86

LHSlawnman86 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

where about in cincy are you, i work in the Loveland area.

4. Gatewayuser

I work in Hamilton Township, Lebanon, and the Morrow area.

5. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

nice stripes,
    i use a gateway as well, but the only time i get that good of stripes is when the lawn is really thick (spring/fall) otherwise not that great. i'm thinking of putting on some high lifts and seeing how that goes,
    looks goood though,

6. Gatewayuser

I took that pic during a dry period this summer and I use high lift doubles but don't use great dane blades use bobcat blades they work better. How do you like the gateway? Do you have the 17kaw 18kaw or 22kol engine?

7. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

i have the 22 kohler, which is pretty sweet. the only thing about my mower that i am not sure about is its speed. i always thought it'd be faster, it was spec'd at 7 mph, but i'm just at a fast walk behind this thing. one of the relief valves on the hydro pumps is stuck, so i dont want to tighten it,
    how fast is yours? what engine?
    love my gateway though, its crazy i'm mowing in gated back yards w/ a 52" mower, scalping is a problem w/ that deck, but i just gotta be more careful.
    by the way, do you have a grass gobbler for it?

8. Gatewayuser

Mine has the 17kaw on it which is a little under powered. I still love this mower but at 3 years old with around 2000hrs on it its time to be retired at the end of the year for a couple of toros. I don't under stand the speed either mine use to go faster but now it seems slow too.
    Never have had an issue with scalping and I took out the front middle wheel to make it cut better in the rain.
    I don't have a gobbler for it.
    I tell you what I would buy another if they would stripe better and they would'nt keep getting bought out.

9. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

yeah, that makes me a little weary too, i think the most recent one is Encore, correct me if i'm wrong
    this could be good because i heard that DJ sometimes buys stuff and just lets it sit and never does anything w/ it, whereas a company like Encore, GD is big for them and they may try to develop it, but who knows

10. Gatewayuser

ACI who makes Everride bought Great Dane 2 weeks ago from JD.