Gator Blades and Leaf Catchers

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by LIVELAUGHLOVE, Dec 18, 2005.

LIVELAUGHLOVE LawnSite Member

Thank you for having this forum available for everyone. I have learned alot just reading previous threads. We have onsite maintenace guys who handle our landscaping at our complex, who are in need of new equipment. They currently rake and bag about 2 acres of property which has alot of Oaks.

We have a Toro Z Master, model #74199, SFS superflow system 44".

Based on what Ive been reading, I think our best bet economical and time efficient is to use gator blades with the Accelerator catcher and the 55 gal clear bags from HomeDepot (do those fit the regular size catcher or does it have to be XL?)

Do you all have any other suggestions or if that would be the best combo, which blades do I need and any idea if our model can handle double blades? High blades with the gator blades is what I have seen recommended

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!! :cool2:
  2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Mulch as long as you can with gator blades or meg mow blades. Forget the trash bag concept why not just dump the leaves you pick up once mulching is not an option and dump them on a large tarp, then load the tarp into a truck and dispose of them. I bet the time you save on trying to dump leaves into bags, and the cost of trash bags you will still save taking leaves to the dump site. As far as grass catcher is concerned if you dont want to drop money on a rear bagging system then get the accelerator catcher.
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

With 2 acres and alot of oaks. I would check into a mulch system mulch/ocdc system and I would just dump on a tarp also instead of bagging. And yes I recommend some type of gator blade. Also would a wheeled push blower be an option to move alot of leaves to the edge of the property?