1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gator Blades - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Jopopsy, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Jopopsy

Jopopsy LawnSite Member

What say you pros? Are they worth swapping for or are they over-exagerated?:weightlifter:
  2. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

I have them on my John Deere ZTR and love them. I hate bagging so these make mulching so much better...
  3. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

I hate them in the spring when the grass is thick and wet, they seem to make the grass clump up more but for late summer and the fall, thats the only way to go. Makes leaves look like nothing.
  4. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Haven't used gators in years. We just use the o.e.m. blades with no problems.
  5. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

I have used the Gators for three mows now on my 3.5 acres. If the grass the short, they do a nice job but leaves clumps in longer grass. It also depends on the mower you have. I have an Everride where the front of the deck is a lot deeper than the rear so it blows a lot of clippings to the discharge side and they drop to the ground. Thinking about getting a baffle kit for it which should solve that problem. Also thinking about getting high lifts and trying side discharging again. I like mulching much better because I don't get grass blown all over me on windy days. High lift blades and discharging still seem to get a smoother cut overall.