Gator blades for Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Meehan47, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Meehan47

Meehan47 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I am in need of some new blades for my Lazer Z HP. Looking to get some mulching blades. A friend uses Gator blades. I can't seem to find the blades that would fit my HP 46"......Anyone have any opinions on these blades?

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

you using the mulch kit or side discharging?

3. Meehan47

Meehan47 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Side discharge

4. MikeLT1Z28

5. MikeLT1Z28

not sure about grass, but i know gators really chop the leaves during cleanup time. There are also Meg-mo's which get mixed reviews around here.

6. jeremy067390

jeremy067390 LawnSite Member

my 61 ultra cut didnt work well with gators, couldnt cut stuff in one pass.

i use regular mulching blades mid summer and double cut, open deck clippings are gone.

high lifts and a bagger single cut in spring.

and finally gators in the fall double cut once with the bagger on and clogged once bagging (leaves) but

when im doing a clean up this year i have a lesco wb hyrdo 52 with these crazy scag mulching blades and a block off plate, i put a 23 hp kohler on it so it will do some damage. im gonna run over the yard with it once then ill bag with the exmark, so i probably wont be buying new gator blades for fall. speaking of which i gotta hit ebay, i need me some new blades

7. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

i prefer good old high lift blades myself.

8. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I run gators on my lazer hp and they ain't worth a **** for cutting grass in my area. Have to make at least 2 passes with them. Are alright though for bagging leaves in the fall.

9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

They are horrible for grass on any mower. But they work well at the top blade in a double blade setup.

10. Meehan47

Meehan47 LawnSite Member
    from PA

For those of you against the gator blades, what do you suggest I get? Should I just get the same ones that came with the machine?