1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gator blades for Hustler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigbone, Jul 10, 2007.

1. bigbone

bigbone LawnSite Member

I just talked to a Hustler dealer and he told me that Gator no longer makes blades for the Hustler. I find that hard to believe since I bought some for my Hustler about a month ago. Anyone else heard this? BTW, just bought a
    BG85C from the same dealer even though the sign said BG85D.:confused: I was happy to still get the C though.
  2. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

I just purchased the standard 18" Hi-Lift Gator blades and ground 1/16" off the ends. This was no big deal since I was sharpening the teeth anyway. Then I rebalanced. They were not balanced that well from the factory anyway.
  3. bigbone

bigbone LawnSite Member

So is it true that they no longer make them for a Hustler?
  4. tfdrooke24

tfdrooke24 LawnSite Member

I have a Super Z, i ended up calling the Gator company, giving them my factory blade dimensions, and they hooked me up with the blades that fit.
  5. cybervision

I don't know if the gators are discontinued. The dealer only had the 18" and wanted them at that time. It was easy enough to make them shorter.

Gator Catalog can be found in three section at this address:

6. Turf Professionals Inc.

Turf Professionals Inc. LawnSite Member

I have gator blades waiting for me at my dealer right now!
  7. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Scott from Mowpart.com showed me other mower brands that use the same exact blade dimensions as my Hustler model. Now when I can't find a specific blade for my Hustler I check for Toro and Dixie Chopper and haven't had any trouble finding blades of any type since then. Might want to check w/ him, very helpful.
  8. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Gators are available for your Hustler through your Hustler dealer.
    We went part of last season with none for the previous version of decks, but have since re tested new versions of Gators and certified them in our testing and we have them available again.

9. cybervision

Did you check on the Hustler forum. There have been a lot of post about Gator blades there. If you look back PJ has listed part numbers for a lot of blades. I'm sure there are some for the 52" deck.