1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gator blades on Walkers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenshoe, Aug 25, 2002.

1. greenshoe

greenshoe LawnSite Member

After reading all of the hype on the Gator Blades here, I decided to give them a try on my Walker. After installing them though, I found that the lift was too high and they actually cut into the underside of the deck.

After some discussion with the dealer, He said to grind the fins down a bit. Does this sound right?

Next question - has anyone tried doubles on a Walker? Its seem impossible with the blade design.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks - Ken
  2. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Your dealer is right just grind the tips of the blades down about an 1/8 inch, just make sure you keep them balanced. I've done this for yrs with no problems.
    I would not use doubles if you are bagging, the gators work fine at making the clippings smaller as long as it is not wet. I use doubles on my mulching deck with the gators on the bottom but that deck was designed to use doubles..
    I don't have a side discharge deck to know the answer so I would probably just use Gator Magnums, in stead of doubles.