Gator Blades vs. Gator Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by roscioli, May 28, 2004.

1. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys- I know I don't come around these parts too often anymore, but I was digging through my garage and came opon a dozen Gator blades that for some reason I didnt sell with my mower. I went to research what they were (bought them about a year and a half ago, so my memory is shot), but found so many different types of gator blades that I couldnt figure out which mine were. I bought them from landscapers supply. Anyhow, how can there be so many different brands of Gator Blades? I will include a link to mine on ebay if the pictures will help determine anything, but to the moderators, please feel free to remove the link, if it is determined to be inappropriate for this forum. Thanks guys, Mike

2. roscioli

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Looks like mulchers (excalibur type) on top, and mulching high lifts on bottom.

4. roscioli

Yes, Yes, that is it... but thats not my question. I am wondering how there got to be so many different types of gator blades available, becuase i thought "gator blade" was a brand name.

5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Well, if there is a little gator on the bottom, it is a gator blade. They make many types of blades, for many mowers, so they will all look differently. Some mulch, some do not. Some are high lifts, some are not. Etc.

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Good Lord....couldn't you have at least cleaned out the kitchen sink....lol...haha

Haven't seen around for awhile....you out of the busness?

7. roscioli

I thought someone would get a kick out of the dirty sink! Yeah, I sold my route about a year ago to go into my family's restaurant, which I am now out of as well. Currently unemployed and loving it! Elephant- Thanks, I will look for the gator symbol. Mike

8. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Lol, LOL... :p

9. roscioli

They are INDEED the gator type with the little gator on the bottom of each blade... unfortunately i had to relist them because they didnt sell... just tossed them all on for a penny for all 12 blades... woe is me.