gator blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JeffC, Mar 23, 2001.

1. JeffC

JeffC LawnSite Member

where is the best place to buy gator blades,oil filter and air fliter on line .I found a web site back in Jan that had good prices but now I can not find it. I have a JD 54 inch mower.
  2. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I get mine at Power Equipment Warehouse. You can call for a free catalog at 1-800-power41
  3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i go to my dealer, but it has to be cheaper to get thme from a mag.
  4. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

I just got my first set of gator for my jd 54", 2 or 3 weeks ago. I have them on the deck now but have not cut grass with it yet. I had a hard time trying to find gators for a 54" deck. i forgot the part #. If you want the part # just send me an email or post a reply, and i will look it up when i get in the office.

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Gators are useless complete waste of money except for leaf season. No lift to them. No lift, no clean cut. Been there done that. Gator magnums maybe a different story but are more expensive
  6. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

Every mower I have, had the gators on them, I use to use the regular gator, and they did ok, but now they have the gator hi lift, and the magnum's, and theyare the best I've seen. Of course, there abot $16.00 a blade. The magnums are 25% thicker and have a 40% higher lift. The best place to get the blades are from the dealer, at least mine anyway.
  7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Try Landscapers Supply, 1-800-895-4589

LWNMWRMN Banned

Why buy online or from a cataloge, buy from a dealer(probably has them on the shelf)
  9. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

I buy my blades from Cornett Air cooled engines. Toll free 800 423 3952. Just for reference, blades for the Lesco's are 5.62 each! For a .204 thickness blade!(For you other guys, I also speak your language...blades for the 60 inch exmark ztr are 5.04 each) Just try to beat those prices!!!
    These guys do the jungle jims stuff at great prices, and distribute the whole catalog of Rotary parts.(catalog looks like the Atlanta phone book) Check em' out and tell Lake Gaston Lawn sent ya!
  10. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I get the magnums from the dealer here, and have tried various "look alikes" from catalogs. some work , some don't, but all magnums seem to work great and are very tough. unfortunately, they may not be available in the length or bolt size you need. Dave g