Gator blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DixieChopper88, Jun 7, 2007.

1. DixieChopper88

DixieChopper88 LawnSite Member

I just bought a set of high lift gator blades for my 60" Chopper because i was getting a lot of grass build-up from my xblades. I paid a lot for shipping from expressmowerparts and i just installed them tonight and will be using them tomorrow. Will I be disappointed?

2. CrimsonLCS

CrimsonLCS LawnSite Member

No, i run with gator blades in the spring and fall, during the summer the grass dries out so i go with High-Low blades.. but gators blade in the spring time chop the grass to a dust, i love them

3. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same build up problem on my scag wb with those blades.

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I run them and like them. They do a very good job of making the clippings nearly disappear. As for the clogging deck, who knows, could be quite a number of things.....type of grass, moisture content, length of grass, operator error, etc.

5. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

for me at least i thought they helped the grass clump up easier.

i might try em again though.

6. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

i tried the mamba mulching blades (pretty similar i think) couldn't use em this time of year. the "teeth" kept holding clumps and dropping them when we'd turn... switched to ultra hi-lifts- wow, what a cut!!! i'll swith back to the mulchers when the grass slows down, but here in the northeast, this time of year, no can do....

7. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Try the MEG MO blades and we will out preform most all blades and last longer and in long run less expensive.

8. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

hey yeah, let me sharpen four times the edges now- sweet!!!

9. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The MEG MO blades will stay sharp 8 to 10 times longer and only have ball point type nicks so a lot less sharpening

10. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

OK where do you get (ultra hi-lifts), and how much per blade? I'll need three for my 48" ZTR.