Gator Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Man 5, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Lawn Man 5

Lawn Man 5 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I have a 48 inch husqvarna and i wondered if it would be a good idea to put a set of gator blades on. I heard that it will void your warranty is this true? Thanks

2. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have never head of any blades voiding your warranty. some one is blowing smoke. i run Gators and I know most of the guys on here do and will never have any warranty issues with a manufacturer.

Scot

3. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Unless you use the Gator MAGNUMS or HIGH LIFTS you will probably NOT like them. Regular GATORS do no create enough suction to lift and cut the grass properly. The regular Gators work well when in combination with a OEM High Lift in a doubles situation, but by themselves, Reg Gators are all but useless. If you get them, get the MAGNUMS or HIGH LIFTS. I still like OEM solid foil HIGH LIFTS with a fully sharpened edge.

5. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Ive never used anything except oem blades and never had a problem. Guys here sure do like some other setups so I might try a few. Kinda torn though --you know if it aint broke don't fix it kind of thing, might be worth a shot especially for leaves and dethatching.

6. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

I run regular gator mulchers on a 48" Lesco, and they made a HUGH differance in performance all around... Very happy with them

I also run the magnums in conjucntion with standard gators as doubles on a 36" Scag.. That thing pulls itself into the ground there is so much suction.. It's phenominal..