Gator Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shultz, May 9, 2002.

1. Shultz

Shultz LawnSite Member

Where can I find out about gator Magnums? Anyone use them vs. regular gator blades? Thanks.

2. marcie

marcie LawnSite Member

not sure if it's the extra weight or the length of the angle of the cutting edge but magnum do seem to put down much better lines and give a better cut over all than the regualr gators which are pretty nice

3. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

I have magnum gators. I have only used them as doubles. I can tell a huge difference with the magnums. The regular gators do not mulch as well (in my opinion, I have not done a scientific study). I was told by a dealer the reason for the manufacturer making magnums was the regular gators had a tendency to warp/twist. I do not know if this is true. Anyone else heard of this?

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I've never heard of Gator Mag's. Anyone got a Gator website to see the difference and availability of these for certain mowers? Thanks.

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Shultz

Shultz LawnSite Member

Thanks. I found out that the Silver Streak merged to become Oregon Outdoor Equipment Products with no technical website on all the products yet. They are mailing technical info on the products. I'll post the differecnces.

7. Turf King

Turf King LawnSite Member
    from Ozarks

was that site for magnum or regular blades?

8. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

We send out all Flex-Deck Trimming Attachments with the Gator Blade. Some of my customers have tried the Gator Magnums and they say there is a definite improvement in overall performance. That is not to say the regular gators are not great, because they also like them, but it is possibly in the heavier grass and certain decks they seem to enhance even more than the regular gators.

Thanks. Brad