Gator Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keegan, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Has anyone used these types of blades before? How are they? The salesman told be they work great at shreading up clpppings.

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

yes. in fact I am using them right now. but.......based upon other reports here, I am convinced they perform differently on different machines.

in my case, I am running them because it is the "thing to do" in this time of year rather than them providing sooper dooper results.

in otherwords.......IMHO......for their cost they are probably worth it. good luck.

GEO

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

give them a try keegan. Only you will be able to find out whether they are worth it. I feel that YES they are worth it especially during the fall

4. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I have had great results running gator blades on my lesco and scag wb's

5. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

I used them in the spring and summer on my Exmark and saw no difference.

However, i should see a difference with the leaves in the fall. Have not used them yet, but i will let you know as soon as i do.

george

6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

They're great for mulching up leaves in the fall, but I don't think they perform any better than standard high lifts on grass.

7. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

My experience was they were far superior on grass as well. Shredded the clippings MUCH finer.

I used them on a Grasshopper and a Bob-Cat w/b.