gator blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clydesdale, Nov 30, 2004.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

are these mulching blades good and more importantly, where can i get them online for a good price? Thanks

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

They have worked very well for me. No complaints.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Like them for leaves on some mowers and plain out hate them on others.

Good Luck

5. Tulsa Lawn Guy

Tulsa Lawn Guy LawnSite Member

I run the Gators on my Toro Proline 21". I've been pleased with their performance...

6. slapu2

slapu2 LawnSite Member

I don't know about the gators yet, I use a 2" spacer (actually 3 small spacers per spindle) above the blade which is a reg mulching blade. It has a raised center and I swear it's hard to beat.
    I also ordered 3 sets the other day and have to p/u tomarrow. One set of BrushHogs which are serated and high lift with a blade on each side; One set of High lift .240; One set of the Center rise high-lift in the .240. I think the Hogs are .250 thick/2.5 wide/21" long. Thats a darn monster set of blades. My question is running doubles and which 2? Hustler 27/60 Super payup

7. slapu2

slapu2 LawnSite Member

wingfieldag.com

Tell them slappey sent ya!

8. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Love them for doing leaves. Bought a bunch of them on eBay around $8-9 bucks each.

9. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We use the hi lift mulching blades from J-Thomas. We use these blades year around on our 2 Scag Tiger Cubs, they cut grass great and mulch leaves in the fall with our mulching kit.

10. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

They paid off big this fall for me. I don't normally do fall clean-ups but I did 4 and made a little over a grand and never picked up a single leaf. Last year when i was using regular blades, I would have never attempted this so the 10 bucks or so that i paid, it was well worth it. Call around, youmight just be able to get them locally and save on shipping costs.