Gator BladesFor John Deere

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Miller Rules, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Miller Rules

Miller Rules LawnSite Member

Does any one know were I can buy a set of high lift gator blades for mulching for my JD 717 ZTrack? They have a 7/8 center whole .Do they even make this or something similar?

2. PalmettoLawn

PalmettoLawn LawnSite Member

I have a 717A and I found gator blades at a place called agrisupply. I don't know if they have a web site or not . The place is in Florence S.C.

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I get mine for my 737 right from my JD dealer, he has a full stock & anything he don't have he can get every friday

4. bigcutup

bigcutup LawnSite Member

Stumper1620
    I just tried a set of "gator blades" from my John Deere Dealer. They were NOT the real Gator Blade!! Mine said "Predator" on the invoice, so I e-mailed a Gator Blade supplier & was told these blades were not the real Gator Blade. I did not like the way they cut, which was what made me persue this matter. I have used the real Gator Blades in the past on a different unit, & they did a real good job. These clones did not. I took them back to the John Deere Dealer, & even though I had used them on one yard, they worked with me on a set of OEM blades. I'm happy with my dealer support.
    bigcutup

5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have been buying mine from the DC dealer, they are a off brand, will have to find out where he gets them from. All three blades are only 26.75 with tax and hold up as good as any I have used including OEM blades.

6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

mine are oregon. stamped right on them,

7. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

i also just bought a 717 did you guys put on the deer mulching kit or just runn the gator blades ?

8. Miller Rules

Miller Rules LawnSite Member

Can some one just help me find some Ive looked every were

9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

You can order them right from Oregon or any dealer can get them for you.

10. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Before I sold my 717 it had the mulching kit and gators and it was the best investment I spent on an accessory. It will make a yard look like it has been bagged or raked, was much better than my 737 with the mulcher. On the down side, it will bog down big time in tall thick grass like bahai. On grass that is cut every week will do great. In my area all the cheapskapes want it cut eow.