Gator Grease

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by DBGroup, Jun 8, 2002.

1. DBGroup

DBGroup LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Has anybody heard of Gator Grease? I here it's supposed to be the latest and greatest thing out there. Doesn't melt!!!! Whats the story on this stuff?
  2. grasmo

grasmo LawnSite Member
    from fl

i use mystic jt-6 by citgo. costs about a buck fifty a tube. carries the highest timken load rating there is (80). i've never had a maintenance related failure in 12 years. grasmo.
  3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i;ve been using amsoil synthetic for years with out any problem.
  4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Gator grease is probably the best product ever developed for the power equipment industry. It is the only grease that will hold up in a hedge trimmer when it is being used 8 hours every day. This grease will take up to 625 degrees and a pressure washer can't wash it off.

The grease was developed for South Florida golf course equipment. The reels are power washed every day and the bearings really take a beating.

If you are rebuilding blade spindles and start using Gator Grease on clean bearings the bearing life will be amazing. You don't have to over grease and turn the bearings into a grease pump and this grease will never coke around the bearings.

It is now available from Rotary Corporation so ask your local dealer about availability.