Gator Kills Lawnman

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nelbuts, Jul 16, 2005.

1. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

2. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I know zip nada nothing about Florida and gators but it sure seems rather stupid to jump in a Florida canal when you know full well that gators are everywhere down your way...what an idiot and a dead one at that.

Dont know why they killed the gator...thought they captured these and moved them to a more rural area. The gators were there long before that housing development went up and they have to live somewhere.

3. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

Well maybe if you read the entire story you would have read that the gator still had the guy in his mouth when the trappers showed up.
    Ive been around gators for 14 years now. One thing is never go in the water at dusk or night.

4. op4_camper

op4_camper LawnSite Member

I would have to say never go in the water. No way would I swimming in a canal or pond with gators around....only gator free swimming pools for me please.

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Nelbuts

Yesterday, Mother Nature wasn't on her best behavior. We also had a tornado spotted in that evening thunder storm. A 12 ft gator is nothing to take lightly. They attack from hiding and drag their pray to deep water and do the famous Death Roll. The Death Roll is when they spin the victim at the bottom of deep water. Dusk is their favorite time to hunt. Dusk is a favorite watering time for most animals.

6. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

Darwin's Survival of the Fittest at work once again.

Gator = 1
    Lawnman = 0

Regardless of gators, most canals here in Florida are wicked polluted.

7. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

"I would have to say never go in the water. No way would I swimming in a canal or pond with gators around....only gator free swimming pools for me please."

op4.......Alligators are found in pools around here fairly often. Just like Kicks, gator free pools just keep gettin' harder to find. My apologies to The Raiders.

8. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

...what he said