Gator-line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerbrad, Mar 16, 2008.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a small container of gator line yesterday when I picked up my new trimmer line. It is a square line with a small strip of metal going through the middle of it. Has anyone used this before? How well does it work?

2. DaveinSWFL

DaveinSWFL LawnSite Member

That's all I use. A bit more expensive but my employee that does the trimming likes it. Seems like I don't go through line as quick.

3. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Stuff rocks ! Lasts way longer, especially when using string trimmer for edging.

4. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Ive hear of it but i havn't seen it anywhere. where did you get it?

5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I got it at my Stihl dealer. I just got the 50' roll for $6.35 just to try it out and see if I want to buy a bigger spool of it.

6. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

We use the round .105.

Love it!

7. chsmith700

chsmith700 Inactive

8. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

The only time I use anything other than the .095 square gator magnum line is when I buy a new trimmer and it already has a full spool of line in it! I hate using anything else. It lasts a lot longer than the other brands. Oh, by the way, we run Stihl FS85's.

9. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

There is no metal in the line. That would be a huge lawsuit waiting to happen. It is a fiber similar to kevlar.

10. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

been using for a while and got me wondering if there was another brand or something (didn't know about).