Gator Magnum

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by firefighter, Sep 11, 2002.

1. firefighter

firefighter LawnSite Member

Anyone know were you can by the gator magnum string for weed eaters on the internet ?

2. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

I finally located the gator line in a catalog I had laying around. The company is "Power Equipment Warehouse", and their website is: I didn't know it, but apparently the gator line is made by silverstreak. Haven't had a chance to order any yet, but I plan on getting some soon. From a previous post it appears to be the most popular of those who have tried it.
  3. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

If you go to they have a similar product. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe some on here have.
  4. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Oregon bought out silver streak that produced the gator mag line and I believe Gator blades also. My dealer quoted me a price of $54 bucks for a 5 lb spool of gator mag line. All I found on that web site was 3 lb spools.

5. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I just happened to find a local place aroound here that has it.....bought some and gonna try it out tommorrow. If anyone here has any trouble getting their hands on some, I could ship you some. I got a 3 lb. spool for $30 after tax.