1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gator Magnums for a 60'' Toro Turbo Force Deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tonyr, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm having a hard time finding out whether there is a gator magnum suitable for the new 60'' toro turbo force deck, I got one sent through a supplier but I doubt they were magnums and they were 1/2 '' too short, on the oregon site I can't see one under toro, but maybe the size blade is used on another brand mower as the turbo force decks are still very new maybe the catelog hasn't listed them yet...

I couldn't find a contact email on Oregon's site either or I would of asked them, maybe I'm blind too LOL!

Can anyone please help?

Also, anyone ever tried the Toro Recycler blade?

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Try looking for some Atomic's. Basically the same blade.
  3. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Avery,

I'm using Atomics now, my thoughts were magnums were of higher sail, I find the Atomics OK, but lack enough lift (typical mulch blade) I'm side discharging and the extra cut clippings is suitable for what I'm doing, The Atomics being a relative low lift blade can in stalky or thick stuff leave uncut lines of grass between the blades, I'm thinking a gator type blade with more lift would clear the deck better and give a cleaner cut...and discharge smaller clippings....

Ever seen toro's recycler blade?
  4. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

The magnums if you can find them are a great combination with the Toro decks. We finally found a supplier for ourr magnums, and outfitted all 4 of our Z masters with them. They are 40% thicker and like you said, have a higher lift. They also last at least 2-3 times longer than normal gators. I did not like the Atomics at all!!!! Poor cut, spaces in between blades not cut. It will probably be awhile till they come out with a set for the new 60" turbo force deck though. I'll check my supplier at an open house i'm going to this week.

5. tony

get a set of lazer z gator mags...the blades are the same lenght just make sure you get blades with 5/8 inch bolt holes.
  6. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

TonyR - I was told by my Toro dealer that the blades on the Turbo Force 60" are 'special' (thicker and denser material) when compared to normal Toro replacement blades. I have tried the Toro Atomic blades and was not at all impressed with the performance (compared to Gator Magnums).

7. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

But it's the length your after. the magnums will make up for the thickness.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You really need to be careful, here, because (and please correct me if I'm wrong) Toro's decks are 61", not 60". Blades like Exmark's and such won't work.
  9. The turbo force toro deck is 60 inchs... i have one...i have used lazer z blades on it.
  10. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Guess it depends on what you are cutting. Atomic's work very well for me and do not leave uncut grass between the blades. All I cut is hybrid bermuda though.